x3 LOCUM CLINICAL CORRESPONDENCE ADMINISTRATORS MANCHESTER ££ in Manchester
Clinical Correspondence Administrator urgently required in Manchester ASAP, Excellent rates of pay!
Dream medical are working closely with a busy GP surgery in Manchester and urgently require three Locum Clinical correspondence administrators to start ASAP for a period of three weeks, hours are full time however the surgery can be flexible for the right candidates, previous experience in the role is essential along with experience using the clinical system systmone
• Ensure that all incoming and internal patient correspondence is stored on/in the patients' medical record and relevant information is coded.
• Ensure incoming correspondence is seen by the appropriate clinician in a timely fashion.
• Ensure correspondence is appropriately actioned where the clinician does not need to view it
• Be able to locate documents as needed by the clinical and non-clinical staff
• Carry out other administrative related tasks as delegated by the doctors and non- clinical staff
Key Working Relationships within the practice team
• Doctors, Nurses, HCA , Pharmacist -Daily, where relevant to documents scanning and coding
• Prescriptions Team / Admin Team - Daily, where relevant to documents received
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow practice protocols to ensure consistent and high quality care is provided to our patients
• Carry out administrative tasks relating to patient records, including filing, document management and ensuring patients can access reports, prescriptions and that they are easily accessible.
• Assist the practice Summariser in maintaining the integrity and coding of the patient's electronic medical record
Scanning and Coding duties
• Sort and date stamp all incoming patient-related mail.
• Ensure incoming letters are scanned onto the patient record within a 24/ 48 hour timescale using read codes as agreed by the clinical team, adding any additional information about the source of the document that is relevant
• Forward the incoming document to the relevant clinician or staff member who is most appropriate to receive the information following the practice protocol
• Action any incoming correspondence not required to be seen by another staff member whether that be contacting the patient by telephone, by letter, or other acceptable means of communication
• Scan all internal paper documents on to the relevant patients' record and then store the documents in line with surgery procedures.
• EDT – Electronic Document Transfer of correspondence - forward the incoming documents to the relevant clinician or staff member who is most appropriate to receive the information following the practice protocol
• Action any EDT incoming correspondence not required to be seen by another staff member including contacting the patient by telephone, by letter, or other acceptable means of communication where necessary
Coding requirements – using the recognised Read Coding system
• Identify relevant clinical information contained in patient correspondence
• Code or free text the clinical information on to the patient record
• Deal with queries relating to coding
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Dominic on 0118 321 2820 or forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Can't find what you are looking for?
Call us on 0118 925 5336 for assistance with this job.